I have been a very bad blogger (please do not spank me…oh wait…that’s so 50 shades! bwahahahaha), my last post was I forgot when and I keep on saving my draft and deleting them later on. I have been busy with my work and all, I would LOVE to write about it BUT believe it or not, whenever I write about my job, it got jinxed. So since I am loving my current work now, I settle to keep my pie-hole shut.
Okay minions–no disrespect I think it’s a cute endearment–I am here to tell you that I baked a cake for ze first time. *nods nods* uh-huh not a cupcake but a cake this time. All efforts made for the 9th month of my baby girl, she grows so fast! 3 more months and we’ll be celebrating her 1st birthday *sniff sniff*
*I’d like you to meet my very first cake. I called this Quasimodo cake coz the shape is not perfect yet it so good!!*
So yeah, I will share with you the DO’S and DON’Ts of baking asfarasiknow; I baked a Chocolate with Butter Cream Cheese and Ganache cake (feel free to jumble the words). Without further ado let’s start the sharing. *shouting* COMMENCE CAKE SHARING BLOG!!!!! here’s what you’ll need.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 baking powder
1/4 salt (this is your basic dry ingredients *pointing at all 4 items*)
Unsalted Butter 1 cup
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate powder
Butter Cream Cheese icing:
12 oz cream cheese
half a stick of Unsalted Butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup confectioner sugar
12 oz. or 350 grams Chocolate (chips or block will do just chop it duh!)
1 cup Whipping cream or Heavy Cream
Fasten your apron here we go!!!!
1. Set your oven to at least Gas Mark 4 or 350 F then SIFT (dun be lazy arse!) your dry ingredients, it’s okay to combined all of them so that you’ll sift all of `em one time.
2. In your preferred mixing tool, mix butter (that is room tempt. already) in about 1 minute or so then add sugar mix for another minute, add egg, mix again for another minute, then vanilla and slowly add the flour and chocolate. Mix until fully incorporated. Your batter consistency should be in the middle of runny and thick.
3. Bake it in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Once cooked let it cool down.
*I made this first..gaaaahhhh I dunno why it had humps!*
*The second one is much better! *
BUTTER CREAM CHEESE ICING
1. Put the room tempt. cream cheese in the mixer, mix for at least 2 minutes then add the butter. Mix well, add the vanilla and gradually add the sugar. Mix until the smooth.
2. Once your cake is cooled down, cut it in half and put some of the butter cream cheese in it, making it a filling. Top the other half of the cake and cover with the rest of the icing. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
*ehem…ehem..pardon the appearance..I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO PUT ICING IN THE CAKE…*
NOTE: YOU CANNOT MAKE GANACHE WITH REGULAR MILK OR ANY KIND OF MILK.
1. Let your whipping cream boil over a medium heat (please be patient)
2. Once boiling or bubbling pour it in your chocolate. (Yes you can use chocolate chip, that’s what I used. JUST NOT CHOCOLATE CANDY MELTS.)
3. Don’t stir it for the next 5 minutes because it will be grainy. After the said minute stir it until there’s no trace of cream anymore.
FINALE: *wow complicated huh*
1. Put your cake in a rack
2. Pour the ganache while it still hot / warm. It’s up to you is you want the dripping effect or you can cover your whole cake with it.
3. Decorate. Chill. Wash hand. Pray. Eat. Brush teeth. Tuck yourself in bed. Pray. Sleep.
*SEE!!! Ganache saves the day!! Well at least for me *
then here’s ze cake..not bad for my first time..I reckon…
So there you go fellas! My Quasimodo Cake (I mean no racial discrimination or disrespect wotsoeva fyi thankyouverymuch). Next time imma bake my second cake, i’ll make sure it will be as beautiful as the one you see in the bakeshop..I WISH!. oh and before I forgot.. HAPPY 9TH MONTH TO OUR BABY GIRL! We love you anak! …and Happy birthday to my aunt Marie, I know this is your happiest birthday. Nothing beats celebrating your birthday with the Lord. We miss you.